Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Tricia Cotham (R): Minority Leader Robert Reives “sent out a statement … encouraging us to resign and/or (face) a primary challenge.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Reives didn’t call for anyone to resign nor did he specifically encourage a primary against anyone who helped Republicans repeal the pistol permit requirement.)
|Claim via Social Media: The Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives is giving itself a pay raise even as it proposes slashing federal spending for military veterans.
AP News rating: Mostly False (Not exclusively a GOP idea and isn’t technically a salary increase.)
Post misrepresents House reimbursement change, spending cuts
|FALSE||Claim via Viral Video: Viral video shows people climbing fence at U.S.-Mexico border.
KGW rating: False (The video was taken in March 2022 from a city in North Africa.)
Viral video claiming to show border ‘crisis’ was taken in Melilla
|Claim via Social Media: “Texas Republicans just voted to give a Republican appointee the power to single-handedly CANCEL election results in the state’s largest Democratic county.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (The Texas Senate voted in favor of SB 1993, which says the secretary of state will call for a new election if a county runs out of ballots at 2% of voting sites. The bill says it applies only to counties with a population of at least 2.7 million people, which means it applies only to Harris County.)
Yes, a Texas bill would give GOP power to call election do-overs in left-leaning Harris County
|Claim via Social Media: Executive Order 14009 offers free health insurance to US citizens.
AFP Fact Check rating: False (It did not)
Biden executive order did not establish free health insurance
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has ordered to revert the name of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) to the Manila International Airport (MIA).
Rappler rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Louisiana ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill for public school classrooms advances in the legislatureby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:31 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Houndsby Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Teen birthrates hit another record low as progress starts to slowby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 3:26 am
- Taiwan, U.S. to sign first deal under new trade frameworkby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 1:58 pm
- Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadlineby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 7:24 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Inside Outby Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 4:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/09/2023"