Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Tricia Cotham (R): Minority Leader Robert Reives “sent out a statement … encouraging us to resign and/or (face) a primary challenge.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Reives didn’t call for anyone to resign nor did he specifically encourage a primary against anyone who helped Republicans repeal the pistol permit requirement.)
|Claim via Social Media: The Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives is giving itself a pay raise even as it proposes slashing federal spending for military veterans.
AP News rating: Mostly False (Not exclusively a GOP idea and isn’t technically a salary increase.)
|FALSE||Claim via Viral Video: Viral video shows people climbing fence at U.S.-Mexico border.
KGW rating: False (The video was taken in March 2022 from a city in North Africa.)
|Claim via Social Media: “Texas Republicans just voted to give a Republican appointee the power to single-handedly CANCEL election results in the state’s largest Democratic county.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (The Texas Senate voted in favor of SB 1993, which says the secretary of state will call for a new election if a county runs out of ballots at 2% of voting sites. The bill says it applies only to counties with a population of at least 2.7 million people, which means it applies only to Harris County.)
|Claim via Social Media: Executive Order 14009 offers free health insurance to US citizens.
AFP Fact Check rating: False (It did not)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has ordered to revert the name of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) to the Manila International Airport (MIA).
Rappler rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Investigation into Potential Insider Trading Ahead of Hamas Attack on Israelby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Liz Cheney Mulls Third-Party Presidential Bid Amid Concerns Over Trump’s Influenceby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 8:28 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/05/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 5, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Political Flareby Media Bias Fact Check on December 5, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Woman Arrested for Abortion Sees Charges Dismissedby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 1:17 am
- Sanders Criticizes “Extremist Netanyahu Government” in Senate Speechby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 8:16 pm
- Texas Attorney General Sues Pfizer Over COVID-19 Vaccine Claimsby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 7:16 pm
- Liz Cheney Warns Against GOP’s Constitutional Departure, Targets House Speaker Mike Johnsonby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 12:30 pm