Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by DeSantis Watch: “Ron DeSantis wants to raise the retirement age to 70.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis voted for a budget resolution in 2013 that proposed raising the age to qualify for both Medicare and Social Security. In early March, DeSantis told Fox News that he would not “mess with” entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare.)
Rep. Ron DeSantis backed raising Social Security and Medicare age; Gov. DeSantis has different tack
|Claim by Chuck Callesto (R): Videos show Antifa at the January 6, 2021 US Capitol riot.
AFP Fact Check rating: False (Still a debunked conspiracy theory. The rioters were Trump supporters.)
Misrepresented videos revive conspiracy theories about Antifa at US Capitol
|Claim by Viral image: Audio captures former Presidents Donald Trump and Barack Obama debating Michelle Obama’s gender.
PolitiFact rating: False (Fabricated)
You didn’t hear that accurately: Audio of discussion of Michelle Obama’s gender is fabricated
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: SVB Had an ‘All-Female’ Investment Team.
Newsweek rating: False (SVB did not have a named investment committee, but its board did have a risk committee constituted of board members, three of the seven of which are female.)
|Claim by Joan Ballweg (R): “Wisconsin has seen over 63 billion dollars of federal pandemic-related funding funnel into our state over (Gov. Tony Evers’) tenure.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True (An April 2022 Wisconsin Policy Forum report noted the $63 billion figure, compiled from a federal spreadsheet. However, not all of the money was distributed by the state, or even local governments. Much of it went to businesses, families or individuals.)
Has Wisconsin really seen $63 billion in COVID relief funding?
|FALSE||(International: New Zealand): Claim by The Expose: New Zealand excess deaths increased 3,203% from 2020 to 2022
USA Today rating: False (A very significant math error. While deaths did increase between 2020 and 2022, experts say it’s a result of a growing and aging population, as well as COVID-19 itself.)
Fact check: New Zealand excess deaths claim based on nonsensical math
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- A string of assassinations in Afghanistan point to ISIS-K resurgence – and US officials warn of possible attacks on American interests in next 6 monthsby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:21 am
- Chinese COVID data from animal market gives clues on origins of virus, scientists sayby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:12 am
- Montana senator wants to block mandatory diversity trainingby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:38 am
- US says China and Russia blocking UN action on North Koreaby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:34 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/21/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Citizen (Australia)by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Judge blocks California law requiring safety features for handgunsby newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 7:45 pm
- Mike Pence says potential Trump arrest would be a ‘politically charged prosecution’by newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/16/2023"