Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by DeSantis Watch: “Ron DeSantis wants to raise the retirement age to 70.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis voted for a budget resolution in 2013 that proposed raising the age to qualify for both Medicare and Social Security. In early March, DeSantis told Fox News that he would not “mess with” entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare.)
|Claim by Chuck Callesto (R): Videos show Antifa at the January 6, 2021 US Capitol riot.
AFP Fact Check rating: False (Still a debunked conspiracy theory. The rioters were Trump supporters.)
|Claim by Viral image: Audio captures former Presidents Donald Trump and Barack Obama debating Michelle Obama’s gender.
PolitiFact rating: False (Fabricated)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: SVB Had an ‘All-Female’ Investment Team.
Newsweek rating: False (SVB did not have a named investment committee, but its board did have a risk committee constituted of board members, three of the seven of which are female.)
|Claim by Joan Ballweg (R): “Wisconsin has seen over 63 billion dollars of federal pandemic-related funding funnel into our state over (Gov. Tony Evers’) tenure.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True (An April 2022 Wisconsin Policy Forum report noted the $63 billion figure, compiled from a federal spreadsheet. However, not all of the money was distributed by the state, or even local governments. Much of it went to businesses, families or individuals.)
|FALSE||(International: New Zealand): Claim by The Expose: New Zealand excess deaths increased 3,203% from 2020 to 2022
USA Today rating: False (A very significant math error. While deaths did increase between 2020 and 2022, experts say it’s a result of a growing and aging population, as well as COVID-19 itself.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- HRW Suggests Misfired Rocket Caused Gaza Hospital Explosionby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 3:07 pm
- Elon Musk Discusses Starlink Use and Countering Hamas Propaganda During Israel Visitby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 11:48 am
- Arrest Made in Burlington Shooting of Three Palestinian-American Studentsby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 8:06 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/27/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 27, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: AmoMamaby Media Bias Fact Check on November 27, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Shooting of 3 Palestinian Men in Vermont Investigated as Possible Hate Crimeby newsfactsnetwork on November 26, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Social Media Platform X Faces Potential $75 Million Ad Revenue Loss Amid Brand Boycottsby newsfactsnetwork on November 26, 2023 at 5:16 pm
- Derek Chauvin, officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, expected to survive prison stabbingby newsfactsnetwork on November 26, 2023 at 5:16 pm