Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar is “facing 40 years in prison and deportation after seven new crimes uncovered.”
Politifact rating: False (This old claim originated from the disgraced Gateway Pundit in 2019. Omar, a former refugee of Somali descent who is a naturalized U.S. citizen, is not facing criminal charges.)
Resurfaced claim remains false: There’s no evidence Ilhan Omar faces criminal charges and prison
|Claim via Social Media: Are Republicans making Jamie Raskin remove cap during chemo?
Newsweek rating: False (House Republicans are not making Raskin remove a cap he is wearing as he undergoes chemotherapy. Raskin’s office has confirmed that the congressman was speaking “lightheartedly” and “has received nothing but support and encouragement from all of his colleagues and leaders on both sides of the aisle.”)
Fact Check: Are Republicans Making Jamie Raskin Remove Cap During Chemo?
|FALSE||Claim by Peggy Hubbard (R): “More classified documents (were) found at the University of Delaware,” the “equivalent of a tractor trailer worth.”
PolitiFact rating: False (There have been no news or government reports that any classified documents were found at the University of Delaware.)
Was “a tractor trailer worth” of classified documents found at the University of Delaware?
|FALSE||Claim by Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.): Democrats cut $280 billion from Medicare.
VERIFYThis.com rating: False (Democrats did not cut $280 billion from Medicare. It is cost savings.)
Democrats didn’t cut Medicare by $280 billion | verifythis.com
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: President Joe Biden signed an executive order “making health insurance free for qualifying Americans.”
PolitiFact rating: False (The executive order this post cites was signed by President Joe Biden in 2021, and it doesn’t provide free health care for Americans.)
Empty promise on Facebook dangles free health care. It isn’t true
|FALSE||(International: Nigeria): Nigeria separatists shoot down a helicopter.
AFP Fact Check rating: False
Photo shows helicopter damaged in Texas, not shot down in Nigeria
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- A string of assassinations in Afghanistan point to ISIS-K resurgence – and US officials warn of possible attacks on American interests in next 6 monthsby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:21 am
- Chinese COVID data from animal market gives clues on origins of virus, scientists sayby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:12 am
- Montana senator wants to block mandatory diversity trainingby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:38 am
- US says China and Russia blocking UN action on North Koreaby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:34 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/21/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Citizen (Australia)by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Judge blocks California law requiring safety features for handgunsby newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 7:45 pm
- Mike Pence says potential Trump arrest would be a ‘politically charged prosecution’by newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/04/2023"