Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar is “facing 40 years in prison and deportation after seven new crimes uncovered.”
Politifact rating: False (This old claim originated from the disgraced Gateway Pundit in 2019. Omar, a former refugee of Somali descent who is a naturalized U.S. citizen, is not facing criminal charges.)
|Claim via Social Media: Are Republicans making Jamie Raskin remove cap during chemo?
Newsweek rating: False (House Republicans are not making Raskin remove a cap he is wearing as he undergoes chemotherapy. Raskin’s office has confirmed that the congressman was speaking “lightheartedly” and “has received nothing but support and encouragement from all of his colleagues and leaders on both sides of the aisle.”)
|FALSE||Claim by Peggy Hubbard (R): “More classified documents (were) found at the University of Delaware,” the “equivalent of a tractor trailer worth.”
PolitiFact rating: False (There have been no news or government reports that any classified documents were found at the University of Delaware.)
|FALSE||Claim by Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.): Democrats cut $280 billion from Medicare.
VERIFYThis.com rating: False (Democrats did not cut $280 billion from Medicare. It is cost savings.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: President Joe Biden signed an executive order “making health insurance free for qualifying Americans.”
PolitiFact rating: False (The executive order this post cites was signed by President Joe Biden in 2021, and it doesn’t provide free health care for Americans.)
|FALSE||(International: Nigeria): Nigeria separatists shoot down a helicopter.
AFP Fact Check rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Mother and Son Sentenced to House Arrest for Role in Capitol Riotby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 1:27 pm
- Estonia Considers Closing Border with Russia Amid Migrant Surgeby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm
- U.S. Life Expectancy Rises in 2022, Recovering from Pandemic Impactby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 10:34 am