Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: “All ‘gender affirming care’ for children is 100% experimental. There are zero long term studies on the effects the drugs and surgeries will have on them.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Before puberty, this care includes things like using the name and pronouns that align with a child’s gender identity. At older ages, it can include evidence-based medical treatments such as puberty blockers or hormone therapies. Gender-affirming surgical procedures are not commonly recommended or provided to minors. Experts said gender-affirming treatments such as puberty blockers and hormone therapies are not experimental.)
|Claim by News Punch: The World Economic Forum is promoting pedophilia.
AFP Fact Check rating: False (no)
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: Biden did not have the authority to declassify documents as vice president.
USA Today rating: False (Biden had the authority to declassify documents as vice president as the result of a 2009 executive order signed by President Barack Obama.)
|Claim by Joseph Mercola: “Cancer rates have increased since the introduction of the COVID-19 shots”, which “is driving down U.S. life expectancy”
Health Feedback rating: Misleading (The direct and indirect effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have caused a decline in life expectancy in many countries. The pandemic resulted in significant disruption to healthcare, leading to delays in cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment that may have worsened health outcomes in cancer patients. The vaccine has nothing to do with it.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “Every single Republican blocked Ketanji Brown Jackson’s SCOTUS appointment.”
Politifact rating: False (Three Republican senators — Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and Mitt Romney of Utah — joined all 50 Democrats in voting to confirm Jackson.)
|FALSE||(International: China): Video shows Uyghur Muslims tortured in China.
boomlive.in rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Suspected Chinese spy balloon flying above U.S. shot down off Carolina coastby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:07 pm
- US considering plan to down Chinese balloon over Atlanticby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:01 pm
- Pakistan Blocks Wikipedia Over ‘Blasphemous Content’by newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 9:52 am
- Concrete traps carbon dioxide soaked from air in climate-friendly testby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 7:21 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/04/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Literacy Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Another Chinese ‘surveillance balloon’ is flying over Latin America, Pentagon saysby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 8:39 pm
- Blinken postpones China trip following balloon discoveryby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 3:41 pm