Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
|Claim by Dr. Ryan Cole: Washington bureaucrats “have suppressed” ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19.
FactCheck.org rating: False (no evidence)
|Claim via Social Media: Covid-19 vaccine causes erectile dysfunction
AFP Fact Check rating: False (It doesn’t)
|Claim by Mark Born (R): “Private insurance gives … better coverage” than people would get under a Medicaid expansion.
Politifact rating: False (there is more to it)
|Claim by Joe Martino of Collective Evolution: “WHO data shows [that] ivermectin reduces COVID-19 mortality by 81%, but they won’t recommend it?”
Health Feedback rating: Misleading (There is currently insufficient evidence to establish whether ivermectin is safe and effective in COVID-19 patients.)
|Claim via Social Media: “Joe Biden and the Democrats want to remove any term that denotes gender.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Biden changed WhiteHouse.gov so that people contacting the White House can identify themselves without a specific gender, but it does not eliminate traditional gender options.)
|(International: India) Claim: It is not possible to come to power in West Bengal in 2021 elections. BJP’s central supervisor team has informed.
vishvasnews.com rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/19/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Higher Perspectiveby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Brian Stelter to depart CNN as it cancels 'Reliable Sources' media showby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/18/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bemidji Pioneerby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/17/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 17, 2022 at 10:30 am