Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate We Are Change a Strong right biased Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven claims that favor the right.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2006, We Are Change is an independent media organization comprised of activist groups who promote right-libertarian values along with a wide variety of conspiracy theories such as the New World Order and 9/11 false flag operations. According to their about page, they are “Founded by Luke Rudkowski, We Are Change is comprised of independent journalists, concerned citizens, activists, and anyone who wants to shape the direction our world is going in. We seek to expose the lies of governments and the corporate elite who constantly trash our humanity.”
Funded by / Ownership
We Are Change is owned by Luke Rudowski and is funded by advertising, donations, and a store.
Analysis / Bias
In review, We Are Change publishes news and commentary from a right-leaning bias that is often conspiratorial. Articles and headlines use loaded emotional headlines such as this JEFFREY TOOBIN FIRED FROM NEW YORKER FOR JERKING OFF DURING ZOOM CALL. Other articles contain headlines such as this BIDEN WILL HAVE THE MOST DIVERSE, INTERSECTIONAL CABINET OF MASS MURDERERS EVER ASSEMBLED. While the intent of this article is to highlight a pro-war perspective of the Democratic party, which is a fair debate, the headline itself is divisive and clickbait. Further, according to the SPLC “We Are Change (WAC) is an organization that likes to quote Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein, Gandhi and others talking about the evils of war. It describes itself as a nonviolent “citizens based grassroots peace and social justice movement” and reacted angrily this year when the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) categorized it as part of the conspiracy-obsessed, antigovernment “Patriot” movement. WAC’s leader, Luke Rudkowski, complained at the time that the SPLC said nothing of WAC’s alleged “raising money for 9/11 first responders, toy drives during the holidays, clothing drives and feeding the homeless.” In general, this source provides a mix of real news and speculation that is often sensationalized and not always factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- Louise Rosealma was photographed holding an explosive device made from a glass bottle before she was punched by Nathan Damigo. – Mostly False
- The National Security Agency puts toilet cameras in restrooms for “research purposes,” and fines those who tamper with them. – False
- New York state has legalized heroin. – False
Overall, we rate We Are Change a Strong right biased Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven claims that favor the right. (D. Van Zandt 11/19/2016) Updated (11/11/2020)
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am