These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Just the News moderately Right Biased based on story selection that mostly favors a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to three failed fact checks over a short period of time.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in February 2020, by John Solomon, Just the News is a conservative website that reports on political news through podcasts, videos, and textual content. According to their about page, “JusttheNews.com is committed to just reporting facts from journalists with a long record of public trust and excellence.”
John Solomon serves as the Editor-in-Chief. Solomon was formerly a journalist with The Hill, leaving the paper in October 2019. Solomon’s reporting has been described as conspiratorial and pro-Trump. Other notable staff is Sharyl Attkisson, who is currently the host of the TV show Full Measure, and David Brody from CBN News.
Funded by / Ownership
Just the News is owned by Bentley Media Group LLC. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Just the News publishes videos, podcasts, and journalism from a conservative perspective. Articles and headlines typically do not utilize emotional language such as this: Trump campaign sues Wisconsin TV station for airing ‘defamatory’ ad. This story is appropriately sourced to the Washington Post and Priorities.org. Another properly sourced story that presents with little bias is this: Pentagon invokes Defense Production Act to make 40 million masks.
Editorially, Just the News does not label opinion content and actually they don’t produce op-eds, however, in examining story selection they routinely favor President Trump such as this: Trump campaign slaps New York Times with libel suit while reporting negatively on Democrats such as this: Cruz decries ‘dangerous’ Schumer threats against justices, seeks censure. During the CoronaVirus outbreak of 2020, they have published misinformation as seen below in our failed fact checks section. In general, news reporting is not always factual and holds a moderately strong right-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
It should be noted that John Solomon has been accused by others of promoting false conspiracy theories regarding the Biden’s and Ukraine.
Overall, we rate Just the News moderately Right Biased based on story selection that mostly favors a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to three failed fact checks over a short period of time. (D. Van Zandt 4/13/2020) Updated (7/31/2020)
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am