President Trump today decided to give himself a metaphorical pat on the back by taking to twitter to tout his most recent approval ratings.
The new Rasmussen Poll, one of the most accurate in the 2016 Election, just out with a Trump 50% Approval Rating. That’s higher than O’s #’s! Trump tweeted.
The Rasmussen poll which gauges opinion on the President on a daily basis gave Trump a 50% approval rating. The first time it has been this high since April.
“This is the first time the president’s overall approval rating has hit the 50% mark since late April. His approval rating has ranged from a high of 59% in late January shortly after he took office to a low of 42% in early April. ” said the polling company.
The President, seeing this as a bit of calm in an otherwise turbulent presidency sought to double down on the good news by claiming it is higher than that of Obama’s.
However, data from the same polling company contradicts this statement. When Obama entered office in 2009, he had a 67% approval rating. At this exact stage of his presidency Obama’s numbers had fallen to 55%.
5 points clear of Trump’s current rating.
Other polling companies have given quite considerably lower ratings. As of the 13th of June, The Gallup daily tracking poll has put Trump’s numbers at 36%.
By Aaron O’Leary – Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Citizen Truthby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am