These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The World Can’t-Wait Far-Left Biased based on editorial positions aligned with Socialism/Communism. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency and one-sided reporting.
Bias Rating: FAR LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2005, The World Can’t-Wait (WCW) is a group in the United States dedicated to mobilizing mass resistance to what it describes as crimes committed by the US government. According to their mission statement, “World Can’t-Wait mobilizes people living in the United States to stand up and stop war on the world, repression, and torture carried out by the US government. We take action, regardless of which political party holds power, to expose the crimes of our government, from war crimes to systematic mass incarceration, and to put humanity and the planet first.”
Funded by / Ownership
The World Can’t-Wait does not disclose ownership. When you click on the donation button, it informs you that you are donating to the “Alliance for Global Justice, our 501 (c) (3) fiscal sponsor.” The goal of the AfGJ is to build a strong, grassroots movement capable of challenging the economic and foreign policies of our government and corporations. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The World Can’t-Wait is an organization and website that fights against fascism, empire, and war. All articles are well sourced to credible information. The issues favored by The World Can’t-Wait are those aligned with the political and socialist left. The wording is somewhat loaded to favor the left as well. Currently, WCW is very much against the former Trump administration, as they are viewed as fascists. However, WCW also was opposed Obama and his use of military force in many regions of the world.
Editorially, WCW has been described as a Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP) affiliate. While they oppose the conservative right, they frequently rail against corporate-leaning Democrats such as Joe Biden Never-Ending Injustice: State Secrets and the Torture of Abu Zubaydah. Generally, stories are reasonably factual; however, there is a lack of transparency with ownership and one-sided propagandistic reporting that favors the socialist/communist left.
Failed Fact Checks
- A Third Party has not fact-checked them to date.
Overall, we rate The World Can’t-Wait Far-Left Biased based on editorial positions aligned with Socialism/Communism. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency and one-sided reporting. (D. Van Zandt 11/19/2017) Updated (11/15/2021)
Last Updated on November 15, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am