A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Viral Hatch Questionable based on poor sourcing, a complete lack of transparency as well as false and misleading claims.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, False Claims
Founded in 2014, Viral Hatch is a website that publishes shocking, heartwarming, humorous news as well as quizzes, photos, and videos that are intended to be shared on social media. The website completely lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page, name authors, or disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
Viral Hatch does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Viral Hatch publishes clickbait articles, photos, videos, and quizzes that are designed to be shared on social media. Most stories are either not sourced or poorly attributed. Headlines are sensationalized to induce clicking such as this: Hospital Worker Reads To A Sick Kid As She Is Fighting To Live. This story is unsourced. Viral Hatch frequently publishes quizzes such as this: No One Can Pass This Confusing Spelling Test On The First Try.
The website also frequently publishes news that is not scientific, false, or misleading such as this: Brain tumor disappears miraculously as doctors are in shock with the little girl. In general, Viral Hatch is low biased as they simply publish clickbait information.
Overall, we rate Viral Hatch Questionable based on poor sourcing, a complete lack of transparency as well as false and misleading claims. (D. Van Zandt 5/28/2020)
Last Updated on May 28, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm