Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate USAWatchDog.com right biased and a tin-foil hat conspiracy and quackery level pseudoscience website based on the frequent promotion of false, misleading, unproven, or debunked claims.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in February 2005, USAWatchdog.com is the website of former CNN journalist Greg Hunter. According to their about page, “the site will keep an eye on the government, your financial interests and cut through the media spin.” Greg Hunter spent nearly 9 years as a network and investigative correspondent.
Funded by / Ownership
Greg Hunter owns the website through USAWatchDog LLC. Advertising and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In reviewing the website, it is hard to imagine that a once credible journalist could support and write for a tin foil hat conspiracy website such as this. The primary conspiracies promoted on this website are Geoengineering and Chemtrails. There is also a promotion of 9-11 conspiracies. Further, Greg Hunter lists his favorite websites, which reads like a who’s who of conspiracy and questionable sources. USAWatchdog.com also reports financial news that is generally credible, though again, they sometimes promote economic conspiracies that they claim will lead to WW III.
Further, during the Covid-19 pandemic, USAWatchdog frequently promoted false or misleading information such as vaccine shedding, which is not possible Unvaxed at Risk from Vaxed in Coming Dark Winter – Karen Kingston. Finally, after the 2020 Presidential election, they consistently reported election fraud such as this AZ Audit Proves 2020 Election Fraud, Biden Attacks Unvaxed, USA is Broke. This claim is false. In general, most stories on USAWatchDog strongly favor the right and frequently promote misinformation.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate USAWatchDog.com right biased and a tin-foil hat conspiracy and quackery level pseudoscience website based on the frequent promotion of false, misleading, unproven, or debunked claims. (D. Van Zandt 2/25/2018) Updated (04/07/2022)
Last Updated on April 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am