These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Tomi Lahren as Right Biased based on her editorial positions that strongly favor conservative viewpoints. We also rate her Mixed for factual reporting due to controversial statements that do align with the consensus of science and numerous failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
MBFC’s Country Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV/ Digital Media /Political Commentator
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Political Affiliation: Republican
Current Position: Host on Fox Nation, a streaming service provided by Fox News. She also frequently appears as a commentator on Fox News programs. In 2022 she began hosting a new show on OutKick called Tomi Lahren is Fearless.
Past Positions: Host of “Tomi” on TheBlaze (2015-2017), host of “On Point with Tomi Lahren” on One America News Network (2014-2015).
- Political Views: Tomi Lahren is a vocal conservative commentator known for her monologues and strong support for conservative policies. She has been a supporter of former President Donald Trump and has frequently criticized liberal ideologies and the Democratic Party, and Biden.
- Scientific Views: Lahren has expressed skepticism about climate change, calling it simply “bad weather.” She also frequently hosts guests who either claim climate change is a hoax or downplay the human role. Tomi Lahren has been flagged for misinformation regarding the Covid-19 and has stated, “I’m not an “anti-vaxxer” I’m an unvaccinated COVID vaccine skeptic and for damn good reason!”
- Social Views: Tomi Lahren has made headlines for her controversial statements on issues like immigration, gun rights, and the Black Lives Matter movement. For example, in a now-deleted tweet, she compared BLM to the KKK. However, she has also shown a more moderate stance on certain issues, such as being pro-choice, which led to backlash from some conservative circles. Finally, Lahren has been a vocal supporter of the culture war against so-called woke ideology.
Failed Fact Checks
- Survival rate for Covid-19 is same for vaccinated and unvaccinated. – False
- “Biden wants to give illegals ID cards so they can start collecting American benefits.” – False
- Stated “recommended teachers include the graphic gay sex novel ‘Gender Queer’ on their student’s summer reading lists.” – False
- The COVID-19 vaccines are experimental. – False
Bias and Credibility Summary
Overall, we rate Tomi Lahren as Right Biased based on her editorial positions that strongly favor conservative viewpoints. We also rate her Mixed for factual reporting due to controversial statements that do align with the consensus of science and numerous failed fact checks. (M. Huitsing 08/09/2023 )
Last Updated on August 8, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check