These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Local Norway Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: Norway 1/180
The Local is a multi-regional, European, English-language digital news publisher with local editions in Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. Each site, while alike in appearance, has separate editorial teams, each focused on its respective market. The Local (Norway) is a digital-only news source from Norway.
Funded by / Ownership
The Local Norway is owned by The Local Europe AB, which is based in Sweden. Revenue is derived through advertising and membership fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Local Norway publishes news on Norway with minimal bias such as this Norwegian flag taken down in US town after being confused for Confederate banner. This story is properly sourced to the Lansing Journal. Many stories involve tourism to Norway such as this Foreigners in Norway plan summer ‘staycation’: Survey.
From an editorial perspective, there is a slight lean to the left: Blow to Norwegian environmentalists as lawsuit over Arctic oil defeated. In general, the news is reported factually and with slight left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate The Local Norway Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/12/2016) Updated (8/1/2020)
Last Updated on August 1, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds