These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
Update: this source is no longer online.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
With their own description “The EC Journal is an analytical journal which explores topics within the field of economics and political science.” Sebastian Rothstein is the Editor-in-Chief for The EC Journal. Occasionally they use words in their headlines that are charged with emotion such as: “Erdogan, Hitler, and Turkey’s Dance With Democracy.” They also publish stories that are grounded and right-center biased such as “North Korea and the Art of the Deal.” When it comes to sourcing information the EC Journal is hit and miss. For example, some articles such as this one: https://www.theecjournal.com/single-post/2016/1/11/The-German-Immigration-Dilemma, is well-sourced with a long list of works cited. Then on many articles, there isn’t a single source listed. This is unfortunate, as the information may be correct, but the reader is not given the ability to check. Overall, there is a slight right bias in story selection, therefore we rate the EC Journal right-center Biased and Mixed for factual reporting based on lack of sourcing. (M. Huitsing 9/6/2017)
Last Updated on September 24, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am