Launched in 2018, Syriana Analysis is an alternative news website focused on reporting news pertaining to Syria.
Syriana Analysis is based in Baden Württemberg, Germany, and the founder is Kevork Almassian, who claims to be a Syrian Journalist. According to their about page: “Syriana Analysis is pro-secular and anti-religious fundamentalism.” Mr. Almassian describes himself as a Syrian Social Democrat on Twitter, but not much else is known about Mr. Almassian outside of the fact he is the co-founder of a Youtube channel called Syriana TV, where they publish analytical videos regarding the Syrian conflict.
Funded by / Ownership
The website lacks transparency but appears to be owned by Kevork Almassian. Advertising and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Syriana Analysis utilizes poor sources such as The Guardian; however, most of the material on the site are Youtube videos rather than articles at the time of this review. While these videos may be factual, it is difficult to verify as the analysis is the opinion of one person.
Failed Fact Check
Overall, Syriana Analysis has a pro-Assad view (The Arab Socialist Bath Party – Syria Region); therefore, we rate Syriana Analysis Left biased due to their story selection and pro-Assad view. We also rate them Questionable due to poor sourcing, opinion-based commentary, lack of transparency, and a failed fact check. (M. Huitsing 5/4/2018) Updated (02/04/20220
Last Updated on February 4, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am