These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
Update: The website is no longer online
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Reagan Battalion is a conservative news outlet that curates news stories from other sources. They do not have an about page and who edits/owns the site is not known, however their twitter bio says “Your source for news, information, and commentary, from a conservative perspective.“
Reagan Battalion consists of a website and a popular Twitter account with 56K followers, which curates news links from factually high right leaning sources such as the Washington Examiner and National Review. They also have a listing called the “The Conservative Directory“, which links to profile pages for their favorite or perhaps most trusted conservative media personalities? Some notables on the list are Glenn Beck, Steven Crowder and Ben Shapiro. All of which have had issues with fact checkers for false claims.
Reagan Battalion is also known as a conservative group that leaked video on Twitter about Milo Yiannopoulos, which caused him to resign from Breitbart: “Milo Yiannopoulos resigns from Breitbart News after his comments on pedophilia resurface.” According to the left leaning Daily Dot: “The Reagan Battalion bills itself as a coalition of conservative news outlets, many of which often take a critical stance on Trump, but claim no affiliation with the group.“
The news stories that are curated on the website typically favor conservative causes, but almost always come from credible right leaning sources. Further, a factual search reveals they have never failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Reagan Battalion mixed for factual reporting due to anonymity and endorsement of media personalities who are not always factual and Right-Center biased based on conservative story selection. (M. Huitsing 4/10/2018)
Last Updated on July 25, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm