A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be untrustworthy and should be fact-checked per article. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Pro Trump News Questionable based on extreme right bias, promotion of propaganda, use of poor sources, and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Imposter
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: N/A
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded on 2019, Pro Trump News is a hyper-partisan site that completely matches its name. They support and promote Pro-Trump propaganda exclusively by linking news articles to questionable and far-right sources. This site could also be classified as a fake imposter site as they mimic the Drudge Report in layout. Basically, this source completely lacks transparency as there is zero disclosure.
Funded by / Ownership
Pro Trump News does not disclose ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Pro Trump News links to news stories that favor President Trump or denigrate the left with a website that looks like the Drudge Report. This is an attempt to be a fake site that acts as an imposter to a real website. Essentially, this website curates positive news for President Trump with little regard to how credible the source is. For example, in this story, CNN Panel Celebrates Impeachment As Great Day For Democracy, Toobin Says Trump ‘Deserved It’ (VIDEO), which leads to American Lookout, which we have rated as Questionable. The bottom line is that most of the website links lead to Questionable sources. This is not a credible source.
Failed Fact Checks
- The website provides links to sources like the Gateway Pundit that fails fact checks nearly daily.
Overall, we rate Pro Trump News Questionable based on extreme right bias, promotion of propaganda, use of poor sources, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 12/19/2019) Updated (08/22/2022)
Last Updated on August 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am