These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate Patheos Least Biased based on covering a wide range of topics that represent both the left and right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to individual bloggers not always sourcing properly.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2008 by Leo and Cathie Brunnick, Patheos is a non-denominational, non-partisan online media company providing information and commentary from various religious and non-religious perspectives. Patheos has 450 writers/bloggers covering 11 different religious categories including paganism and atheism. The 42 blogs in the Atheist Channel make Patheos the largest atheist online presence in the world with the highest number of monthly page views on the website. Patheos also has a satire blog.
Funded by / Ownership
Patheos is owned by Leo and Cathie Brunnick and funding is derived from online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Patheos is difficult to classify by bias because they cover a wide variety of opinions from Christian Conservatism to Atheism. Since the website is essentially a blog broken down into channels the bias level and factual level vary between channels. Patheos is primarily opinion-based, with opinions derived from individual bloggers that may swing right or left. Many of the channels contain pro-science information that debunks pseudoscience and for the most part bloggers responsibly source their information. However, some of the articles reviewed did not offer proper sourcing.
Overall, we rate Patheos Least Biased based on covering a wide range of topics that represent both the left and right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to individual bloggers not always sourcing properly. (D. Van Zandt 11/18/2016) Updated (8/08/2021)
Last Updated on August 8, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am