- Overall, we rate the PanAm Post Right Biased based on story selection and editorial perspectives that align with the libertarian right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency, poor sourcing of information, and questionable scientific views.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2013 and based in Miami, Florida, The PanAm Post is an American news and analysis website that specializes in international subjects as well as topics in the Americas. The website focuses on multilingual and international content in order to follow “the tradition of Pan-Americanism”.
There is a lack of transparency as the website does not have an available about page, however, there is an about page found via Google search that appears to be dated. According to this old about page Daniel Raisbeck is the editor-in-chief.
Funded by / Ownership
According to their contact page, the PanAm Post is owned by PanAm Post LLC. The website does not disclose who owns the LLC. Revenue is generated through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The PanAm Post publishes news with sections dedicated to South America, North America, Central America, and the Caribbean. Many stories are presented with a right-leaning libertarian perspective such as this: How Latin American Political Discourse Is Dominated by the Left. This story is not sourced to a single external source. Editorially, PanAm Post frequently rails against socialism and/or communism, while supporting right-wing leaders such as this: Trump Punishes Castro For Helping Maduro. Again, this is poorly sourced to only one outside link. As an online-only publication, there should be frequent links to outside information.
When it comes to science they frequently do not align with the consensus of science regarding human-influenced climate change such as this: Greta Thunberg: Queen of the Climate Change Alarmists. In general, the PanAm Post is a strong right biased source that routinely favors libertarian and conservative causes, while offering poorly sourced information.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the PanAm Post Right Biased based on story selection and editorial perspectives that align with the libertarian right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency, poor sourcing of information, and questionable scientific views. (D. Van Zandt 8/18/2016) Updated (4/1/2020)
Last Updated on October 12, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am