These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Established in 1973. New Internationalist (NI) is an independent, non-profit, publishing co-operative, based in Oxford, United Kingdom. Predominantly known for its monthly independent magazine, it describes itself as existing to ‘cover stories the mainstream media sidestep and provide alternative perspectives on today’s global critical issues. New Internationalist presents news with a moderate left wing bias through reporting choices. NI always sources to credible information.
Latest from New Internationalist
- Western democracies set low standards as global media freedom declines
- Punk-anthem ‘God Save the Queen’ turns 40
- When sanctuary is resistance
- How can Saudi Arabia be elected to a UN women’s rights commission?
- Mixed media: film reviews
- Global babies: who benefits?
- Country Profile: Cambodia
- Is Arkansas’s execution parade justice or expedience?
- A second chance
- A personal welcome
- Kashmir's pashmina woes
- Why can’t I vote?
- The populist moment
- Mr Tough
- Inside Unilever's sustainability myth
- Drought leaves 2.4 million Kenyans desperately short of food
- Whose truth is it anyway?
- Europe abandons the Roma in Italy
- Socialist Youth call for democracy in Swaziland now
- The Establishment is not a viable candidate