These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Established in 1973. New Internationalist (NI) is an independent, non-profit, publishing co-operative, based in Oxford, United Kingdom. Predominantly known for its monthly independent magazine, it describes itself as existing to ‘cover stories the mainstream media sidestep and provide alternative perspectives on today’s global critical issues (Wikipedia). Typical left wing positions and bias through reporting.
Latest from New Internationalist
- An urgent need for truth and independent journalism
- Justice turns its back on us
- Worldbeaters: Michel Temer
- Martin McGuinness: the day he set sail for peace
- What’s holding back Britain’s adoptions of foreign children?
- Mixed Media: Music reviews
- Slovakia's failing marks on Romani children
- Everybody's target
- Chalo Nagpur: India’s women’s march against fascism and caste
- Country Profile: Somalia
- Five paradoxes about the state of the media
- Two cheers for democracy in the Netherlands
- Taking on the sand mafia
- Mixed media: film reviews
- The EU-Turkey refugee deal: one year on, still a disaster
- Two weeks into our big media experiment, things are looking great
- The fight for Latin America’s ‘invisible’ indigenous women
- Exclusive: Inside Diego Garcia, America’s highly secretive military base
- #FactsAndHeart in the media
- One woman against Big Oil and patriarchy