These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Established in 1973. New Internationalist (NI) is an independent, non-profit, publishing co-operative, based in Oxford, United Kingdom. Predominantly known for its monthly independent magazine, it describes itself as existing to ‘cover stories the mainstream media sidestep and provide alternative perspectives on today’s global critical issues. New Internationalist presents news with a moderate left wing bias through reporting choices. NI always sources to credible information.
Latest from New Internationalist
- Southern Exposure
- Lost in exile: The forgotten Chagos Islanders of West Sussex
- Stagnation, oil and oligarchy: a look at today's Algeria
- ‘Dirty Fashion’ report reveals pollution in big brands’ supply chains
- A marathon without finish: Nigeria's fight against polio
- New Internationalist picks the best books of the month
- Raising the roof in the fight against homelessness
- Celebrating 10 years of the Gloucestershire Services Project
- When the lake ran dry
- Abused and abandoned: Struggles facing Congo’s returning girl soldiers
- Escape to the street
- Death and re-birth of a lake: How water came back to the dry Aral Sea
- New Internationalist's picks for films of the month
- An interminable trial for tweeting – when will it end?
- India's ‘Smart City’ plan stumbles over slums
- UK general elections: the result viewed by an outsider
- Corbyn’s achievement sends us a rare, resounding message: hope
- The earth just moved…
- Homelessness – the facts
- How do you break the homelessness cycle?