These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate NCTE left-center biased based on the left-leaning issues they champion and high for factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to the National Center for Transgender Equality’s about page they are the “nation’s leading social justice advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people.” Their mission is “to end discrimination and violence against transgender people through education and advocacy on national issues of importance to transgender people. By empowering transgender people and our allies to educate and influence policymakers and others, NCTE facilitates a strong and clear voice for transgender equality in our nation’s capital and around the country.”
Funded by Ownership
The NCTE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is primarily funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, NCTE covers many issues related to transgender equality such as non-discrimination laws, anti-violence, employment, voting rights, and travel. NCTE also has a blog and a press room which releases news related to transgender issues. Both the blog and press room articles use minimally loaded words and are factually sourced to credible information.
Editorially, they support issues championed by the left such as transgender equality and rights as well as holding negative views toward conservatives and President Trump such as this New Trump Proposal Could Limit Health Care Access for Two Million Transgender Americans. In general, the information provided on the website is factual and holds a moderate left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate NCTE left-center biased based on the left-leaning issues they champion and high for factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/21/2018) Updated (10/14/2020)
Last Updated on October 14, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds