These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Morning Consult Least Biased based on mostly neutral polling and low biased story selection. We also rate them Very High for factual reporting due to a proven polling methodology and a reliable source for fact-checkers.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Morning Consult is a nonpartisan digital media and survey research company established in 2013. The company provides news coverage, survey research, and data technology tools on politics, policy, and business issues. Morning Consult is the official polling partner of POLITICO, Fortune, New York Times, and Bloomberg News. The current CEO is Michael Ramlet.
Funded by / Ownership
Morning Consult is owned by Morning Consult Holdings, Inc. Surveys and market research sales generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Morning Consult conducts research and surveys for businesses and media outlets using a scientific methodology. The process used is called stratified sampling, a sampling method from a population, which can be partitioned into subpopulations. Morning Consult has been praised for accuracy; for example, they predicted Hillary Clinton would win the popular vote by 3%. She won by 2.1%, which was comfortably within the margin of error. FiveThirtyEight, a company that rates pollsters for accuracy and bias, gives Morning Consult a B- for accuracy and a slight leftward bias of 0.6%.
Morning Consult also has a news section that is centered around polling and trends. Typically, there is minimal bias presented such as this: Detroit Debates Deliver Meager Returns for Biden’s Challengers. Further, they typically stray from opinion pieces and focus on evidence-based reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Morning Consult Least Biased based on mostly neutral polling and low biased story selection. We also rate them Very High for factual reporting due to a proven polling methodology and a reliable source for fact-checkers. (D. Van Zandt 10/31/2016) Updated (8/3/2019)
Last Updated on April 26, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am