A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate LADbible a Questionable source based on hyper-sensational stories, promotion of pseudoscience, and poor sourcing of information.
Reasoning: Sensationalism, Pseudoscience, Poor Sourcing
Bias Rating: NOT RATED
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Country: United Kingdom
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2012, LADbible is a social media and entertainment social publisher based in London and Manchester, United Kingdom. The website is co-founded by Alexander “Solly” Solomou and Arian Kalantari and focused on publishing easily shareable clips, pictures, and stories. LADbible publishes a diverse range of original and user-generated content – spanning editorial, video, documentary, and live.
Funded by / Ownership
LADbible is owned by The LADbible Group Ltd and generates revenue through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, LADbible publishes sensational videos and entertainment news. Some of these stories and videos are clearly pseudoscience such as this: ‘Time Traveller’ Knows Who Will Be President In The Year 2045 and this Vegan Reveals He Ejaculated For First Time In Months After Giving Up Diet. The LADbible has also been criticized for misogyny. Although there is plenty of factual stories/videos on this website, there are enough sensational/misleading/fake ones to classify this source as questionable.
In general. LADbible publishes sensational stories that are not always real/true. They don’t really hold a political bias, as they aim to create viral content regardless of whether it is true or not.
Failed Fact Checks
- A video shows popcorn being popped via the use of a pickle, a AA battery, and an iPhone charger cord. – False
- A viral video shows a Ferrari driving under a moving lorry to evade police in the United Kingdom. – False
- “’It kept me to eat later’: Russian man ‘looking like a mummy’ is rescued after spending a MONTH inside a bear den after the predator broke his spine and saved him for a future meal” – False
- A video shows a hot dog covered in dirt and parasites when observed under a microscope. – False
- The public is now able to look at Russia’s aircraft carriers, submarines, nuclear weapons stores and a military airbase. – False
- There are many more here.
Overall, we rate LADbible a Questionable source based on hyper-sensational stories, promotion of pseudoscience, and poor sourcing of information. (D. Van Zandt 4/6/2019) Updated (12/22/2022)
Last Updated on May 31, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.