These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
Update: This source is no longer online.
- Overall, we rate KeepandBear.com strongly Right Biased due to story selection and wording, but High for factual reporting based on a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Keep and Bear was launched in 2016, and according to their about page “KeepAndBear.com is a news-driven opinion site that delivers commentary, informed by a right-leaning worldview, to like-minded Americans. Daily you’ll find views on the news from conservative/libertarian, free market, pro-faith, and pro-family perspectives. Our independent writers thoughtfully select MSM-reported news stories, craft commentary, select open source or purchased stock images, and publish to the public at no charge through this website.” The website does not list an editor.
Funded by / Ownership
According to their about page, KeepandBear.com is the property of Romulus Marketing, LLC. Funding is derived from onsite advertising and an online store to purchase anti-liberal, pro-conservative merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, KeepandBear.com typically provides opinionated commentary about a news article through republishing or large block quotes. All stories reviewed favored the right and denigrated the left. Here is a sample right biased headline and article: HAWAII FALLS TO LIBERAL LEFTIST NONSENSE ON GUN CONTROL. When quoting sources, KeepandBear.com uses mostly known sources that are right-leaning. Some of these sources have a poor track record with fact-checkers such as Breitbart and Daily Signal, but we could not find evidence of false information on Keep and Bear. In general, as one can gather from the title of the website, this is a pro-gun and pro-second amendment website, with news related to these issues.
Overall, we rate KeepandBear.com strongly Right Biased due to story selection and wording, but High for factual reporting based on a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/12/2018)
Last Updated on May 17, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am