Reasoning: Fascism, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Hate Group
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Identity Evropa is an American neo-Nazi and white supremacist organization established in March 2016. The organization’s founder is Nathan Damigo. According to Wikipedia, Damigo began to read works by far-right figures, including former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan David Duke. He was also influenced by J. Philippe Rushton and Nicholas Wade. After being released from prison in 2014, Damigo led the National Youth Front, the youth wing of the American Freedom Party, which is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Funded by / Ownership
Identity Evropa is owned by Nathan Damigo and funded through donations and membership dues.
Analysis / Bias
Identity Evropa is a white supremacist and white separatist group. The group is opposed to all people in the USA who are not of white European decent. The mission of the group is to end immigration and achieve a 90% white America. The website does not publish news, but serves as portal for information about the group and how to join.
Several prominent groups have labeled Identity Evropa a hate group. These include the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League. Politically, the group is economically far left as they oppose capitalism. Based on this group holding both extreme left economic views and extreme right social views (Fascist Nazism) we will not rate them left or right on the bias scale.
Overall, we rate Identity Evropa Questionable based on promotion of propaganda and for being labeled a hate group by several prominent organizations. (D. Van Zandt 6/9/2018)
Last Updated on April 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am