Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Herb a left-leaning moderate Pseudoscience website due to the claim that marijuana can cure cancer.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: Canada 16/180
Founded in 2014 by Matt Gray, Herb is a website that covers the Marijuana industry and associated lifestyle. According to their about page “Herb is an immersive technology platform that simplifies cannabis from discovery to purchase.”
Funded by / Ownership
Herb is owned by Flora Media, Inc, which is not openly disclosed and found on their Terms of Service page. Revenue is derived through advertising and the sale of Cannabis-related products.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Herb publishes news related to cannabis as well as product reviews and guides. News is reported with minimally loaded emotional language such as this Now Is The Time To Free Prisoners Convicted On Cannabis Charges. The story is properly sourced to justice.gov, bjs.gov, and Pew Research. They also publish recipes that use cannabis such as this How To Make Easy-Peasy Pot Brownies.
Editorially, Herb holds liberal perspectives advocating for marijuana legalization and social justice such as this Trump’s War On Drugs Has Always Been A War On Immigrants.
Although most information on this website is pro-science there are instances where they have made pseudoscientific claims that Cannabis can cure cancer. For example the claim 5 Common Illnesses you Didn’t Know Marijuana can Cure and These Are The 4 Ways Cannabis Kills Cancer. Currently, there isn’t scientific evidence to support that Marijuana cures cancer or kills cancer cells.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Herb a left-leaning moderate Pseudoscience website due to the claim that marijuana can cure cancer. (D. Van Zandt 6/7/2020)
Last Updated on September 14, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am