A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Grain of Truth Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies against Muslims, poor sourcing of information and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Anti-Islam, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: Canada 16/180
Founded in 2018, Grain of Truth is a far-right conservative news and opinion blog based somewhere in Canada. This website completely lacks transparency as there isn’t an about page, authors are not named and ownership is not disclosed.
Read our profile on Canadian government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
Grain of Truth does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived through a donation link.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Grain of Truth appears to be the personal blog of an anonymous person who holds far-right conservative viewpoints. The website does not produce original content, but rather provides a snippet of news or a video and then links to an outside source. Some of the sources utilized are the right-leaning Toronto Sun and MEMRI. Story selection tends to mostly focus on anti-Islam propaganda and conspiracies such as this: Demographic Jihad in Canada: Toronto Imam Tells Muslims to Patronize Muslim Businesses Only While Edmonton Imam Praises Justin Trudeau as Islam’s “Best Friend”. Grain of Truth also frequently is at odds with the consensus of science regarding human-influenced climate change. In general, this is simply an anti-Islam and anti-Science website.
Overall, we rate Grain of Truth Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies against Muslims, poor sourcing of information, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 12/13/2019)
Last Updated on October 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am