These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Finnish News Left Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that usually favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual for reporting, rather than High due to not providing hyperlinked sourcing on a web only blog.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: Finland 2/180
Founded by Nicholas Anderson, Finnish News is an English-language online news blog, based in Helsinki Finland. Finnish News focuses mainly on national news, covering Finland and Sweden, as well as entertainment and culture news such as “Excellent Bars, Cafes and Restaurants in Helsinki.“ The Editor-in-chief is Nicholas Anderson.
Funded by / Ownership
Finnish News is owned by English/Finnish journalist Nicholas Anderson. The website does not appear to have a source of revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In their own words, they describe their view as “We have a strong Nordic viewpoint – one which respects democracy, the rule of law, sustainable and transparent policies.”
In review, when covering national news they use moderately loaded language in their headlines such as this “This Week in Politics – True Finns Are Not True.” In the body of this article they fact check the True Finns Party (nationalistic populist right wing party of Finland) and strongly criticize them with this quote “His shadow budget is an interesting mix of nationalistic fanciful thinking that would never happen if they got elected into government, but it is colorful enough to win over bigoted voters.”
When covering international news pertaining to the UK they use emotionally loaded language in their headlines such as “Boris is Not Churchill & Not Great for UK, and when covering the USA they have a strong anti-Trump tone such as this: “Trump was Extremely Rude to the Finnish President.“ Finally, when it comes to sourcing they do not provide hyperlinks to the sources they reference such as the New York Times. As a web only publication it is expected that hyperlinks be provided for the reader to check the claims of the author.
A factual search reveals they have not been fact checked by an IFCN fact checker.
Overall, we rate Finnish News Left Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that usually favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual for reporting, rather than High due to not providing hyperlinked sourcing on a web only blog. (M. Huitising 01/05/2020)
Last Updated on April 6, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm