These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Drugs.com a pro-science and Very-High factual website based on utilizing credible expert sources.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Country: New Zealand
Press Freedom Rating: EXCELLENT
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2001, Drugs.com is an independent medicine information website available on the Internet. According to their about page, “The Drugs.com Drug Information Database is powered by several independent leading medical-information suppliers, including; American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Cerner Multum, and IBM Watson Micromedex.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Drugs.com website is owned and operated by the Drugsite Trust. The Drugsite Trust is a privately held Trust administered by two New Zealand Pharmacists. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
The Drugs.com website offers an A-Z drugs list, a Pill Identifier, Interactions Checker, and News and Alerts. You can also search the database for drug information. For example, if you search for Hydrocodone, it pulls up information on the drug, such as its uses, side effects, interactions, etc. Under News and Alerts, they publish medical-related news such as this Health Care After COVID: Racial Disparities Laid Bare. News is low-biased and factual. They cite credible sources such as Harvard Health and the Mayo Clinic. In general, drugs.com is a pro-science resource for learning about pharmaceutical-type drugs.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Drugs.com a pro-science and Very-High factual website based on utilizing credible expert sources. (D. Van Zandt 1/19/2021) Updated (03/21/2022)
Last Updated on March 21, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am