These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Cincinnati Enquirer Least Biased based on neutral news reporting and a minimal left lean editorially. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1841, The Cincinnati Enquirer is a morning daily newspaper published by Gannett Company in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Enquirer won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for local reporting for its project titled “Seven Days of Heroin.” The current editor is Beryl Love.
Funded by / Ownership
The Cincinnati Enquirer is owned by the Gannett Company, which is best known for its flagship newspaper USA Today. The paper is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, local news is covered by journalists with minimal bias such as this: Two Cincinnati Police vice unit officers under federal investigation, prosecutor confirms. National news is covered with a link to USA Today. Editorially, the Cincinnati Enquirer endorsed Democrat Hillary Clinton for President, though in the past they have endorsed a balanced mix of left and right candidates. In general, the opinion page leans left with more stories favoring the left but still balanced.
In general, straight news is low biased and editorially there is a slight lean left.
A factual search reveals the Cincinnati Enquirer has not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Cincinnati Enquirer Least Biased based on neutral news reporting and a minimal left lean editorially. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (7/12/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 10/26/2020)
Last Updated on October 26, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am