These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Center for Advanced Defense Studies Left-Center Biased based on policy positions that favor conservation and environmentalism. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Center for Advanced Defense Studies is a nonprofit research think tank that employs academics, national security operators, and local experts from existing and emerging conflict zones around the world. It works to address evolving and nontraditional security challenges. According to their about page they are “dedicated to providing data-driven analysis and evidence-based reporting on global conflict and transnational security issues.”
They state their primary focus areas as Transnational Organized Crime, Proliferation Networks, Threat Finance and Supply Chain Security. The executive director is David Johnson.
Funded by / Ownership
The Center for Advanced Defense Studies is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Revenue is derived through donations. The website does not disclose donors, however they have received 200k from the Wyss Foundation, which sponsors many left leaning organizations that promote conservation.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Center for Advanced Defense Studies promotes action against corruption as well as safe guarding the environment from degradation. The website offers detailed reports such as this ILLICIT INFLUENCE: PART ONE, which highlights money laundering and Russian influence on USA elections. They also have a blog that covers a wide variety of stories including illegal fishing such as this: Something Smells Fishy… This blog post is properly sourced. From an editorial standpoint the Center for Advanced Defense Studies promotes left leaning positions such as conservation and environmentalism.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Center for Advanced Defense Studies Left-Center Biased based on policy positions that favor conservation and environmentalism. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (7/6/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 01/10/2020)
Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds