These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate BlueStem Praire Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Bluestem Prairie publishes articles and opinions by writers living in Greater Minnesota. Bias varies by writer ranging from left to low bias. According to their about page, “Bluestem Prairie is a hip (but not cynical) rural blog for those who prefer to take their corn with a progressive chaser and tongue planted firmly in cheek.”
Funded by / Ownership
Bluestem Praire “is owned and edited by Sally Jo Sorensen, who lives in Maynard, Minnesota, a small town of 266 people in Chippewa County.” Revenue is derived through subscriptions and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Bluestem Praire publishes news about the environment of Minnesota with moderately loaded wording such as this: No shit: manure plus fertilizer overwhelms Minnesota’s farm landscape and water. This report is properly sourced. During the protests of George Floyd, Bluepraire often pointed out racism and bigotry by the right such as this: Blackduck MN mayor resigns after sharing violent anti-protester social media meme. In general, they source their information and report with a left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate BlueStem Praire Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/7/2017) Updated (04/22/2022)
Last Updated on April 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds