A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate BlackNews.com Left Biased and Questionable due to a complete lack of transparency and poor sourcing of information.
Reasoning: Lack of Transparency, Poor Sourcing
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2001, BlackNews.com is a website that publishes and aggregates news on politics, culture, and accomplishments by African Americans. The website lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page or disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose ownership, however, at the bottom of pages, it says it is copyrighted to Dante Lee International, which is a company that publishes websites for African American readers. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, BlackNews.com publishes news on social justice, culture, entertainment, and politics. Articles and headlines contain moderately loaded language such as this: Still No Jail Time For White Couple Who Starved and Abused Their Black Adopted Children. This story does not have an author name or any type of sourcing or citations as to where it came from. Many stories on the website highlight social injustice such as the one above and this Black Mom Who Adopted White Baby Says the Police Have Been Called on Her Twice.
Editorially, they frequently report negatively on President Donald Trump such as this, 6 Lies and Truths About Black Unemployment Under Trump’s Administration. In general, the news is reported with a left-leaning bias and is usually factual. However, with a complete lack of transparency and little to no sourcing of information, this is a questionable source.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate BlackNews.com Left Biased and Questionable due to a complete lack of transparency and poor sourcing of information. (D. Van Zandt 6/28/2020)
Last Updated on June 28, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am