These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate BioSpace a pro-science website based on publishing well-sourced information and scientific studies. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a failed fact check.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1985 and based in Iowa, BioSpace publishes news on life sciences and biology. According to their about page, “BioSpace.com is the most comprehensive Life Science industry news and information source. We cover news across the biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries. We also provide industry-specific career news, advice, and resources to support and inspire ongoing professional development.”
Funded by / Ownership
Biospace Inc. owns biospace.com. They generate revenue through event sponsorships and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
The website primarily focuses on industry-related news covering mergers, the pharmaceutical industry, and reports on clinical trials. Articles and headlines use moderately loaded language such as this Four Biotechs Rake in Over $350 Million for Rare Diseases, Cancers and More. When it comes to sourcing information, they use credible sources such as Business Wire and PR Newswire.
They also publish advances in research and development such as this Eagle Pharmaceuticals Announces TREAKISYM (bendamustine) Ready-to-Dilute (“RTD”) Formulation. In general, Biospace promotes pro-science news with minimal political bias, though they tend to favor the pharmaceutical industry. We rate them Mostly Factual due to a failed fact check.
Failed Fact Checks
- Scientists have found a cause of SIDS – Mostly False
Overall, we rate BioSpace a pro-science website based on publishing well-sourced information and scientific studies. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 4/30/2021) Updated (05/14/2022)
Last Updated on May 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am