Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Tony Evers (D): The money for upgrades to the Milwaukee Brewers stadium in Evers’ budget is “a bipartisan plan.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (A coalition of business and community leaders who support the plan does include Republicans and Democrats as members. But Republican lawmakers say they were not consulted before the plan was announced.)
|Claim by Viral Video: Jim Jordan reveals a video obtained from Hunter’s laptop that implicates Jerry Nadler.
Check Your Fact rating: False (The claim is baseless. There is no evidence Jordan revealed any such evidence.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Is photo of Donald Trump’s “weak” crowd in Waco real?
Newsweek rating: True (Whether the crowd is “weak” or “small” is subjective, but the aerial photos shared on social media were taken from footage shot from Donald Trump’s private jet.)
|Claim by American Principles Project: At a Wisconsin school, a 12-year-old girl “was transitioned into a boy by school officials without parental consent,” and Protasiewicz supports it.
Politifact rating: Pants on Fire (In early 2021, two parents pulled their child out of the Kettle Moraine School District because the child had wanted to use a male name and pronouns and school staff said they would support that request, despite the parents not allowing it. The idea that school officials “transitioned” the child is off base, because the child was pulled out of school before the pronoun and name switch could occur. There was also no physical medical transition in this case.)
|Claim via Social Media: Ted Cruz has used the same text when tweeting after mass shootings
KHOU rating: False (The only correct tweet in the image was about Uvalde.)
|FALSE||(International: Ukraine): Video of Ukrainian military berate and shoot at a mother with a child in the backseat.
Lead Stories rating: False (Staged Propaganda Video)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- US Economy Gains 199,000 Jobs in November, Unemployment Rate Dropsby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 9:32 am
- (Media News) Media Industry Confronts Significant Job Cuts in 2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
- Hunter Biden Faces New Tax Evasion Chargesby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 7:52 am
- President Biden to Announce $8.2 Billion for Rail Projectsby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 7:16 am
- Texas AG Paxton Vows to Prosecute Abortion Providers Despite Court Exceptionsby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 7:16 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/08/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 8, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Alliance for Human Research Protectionby Media Bias Fact Check on December 8, 2023 at 4:00 am
- House Censures Rep. Jamaal Bowman for Pulling Fire Alarm During Sessionby newsfactsnetwork on December 7, 2023 at 11:17 am