Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim by Anne Milgram: “In the past year, the men and women of the DEA have relentlessly worked to seize over 379 million deadly doses of fentanyl from communities across the country … enough deadly doses of fentanyl to kill every American.”
The Washington Post rating: Correct
|Claim via Social Media: House Speaker McCarthy did not ask Twitter if he should step down as head of Congress.
Lead Stories rating: False (Not McCarthy)
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (R): Joe Biden as vice president didn’t “have the right to declassify” documents.
Politifact rating: False (An executive order signed by former President Barack Obama authorizes the vice president to classify and declassify documents. However, there is some ambiguity about the effect of the order on the vice president’s ability to declassify documents that were classified by other agencies, but experts are divided about this unknown and note that the question has never been tested. It’s also unclear how any of this might apply to the documents in Biden’s case.
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: Bill gives government and police access to a vehicle ‘kill switch’
USA Today rating: False (The bill does not direct a kill switch to be implemented in cars, nor does it give any third parties, including law enforcement or government officials, access to the in-vehicle technology. Rather, the bill in question directs a federal agency to require technology that would detect driver impairment and disable the vehicle in that scenario.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “More contraception availability increases abortion demand.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Researchers and health care providers who study contraception and reproductive health said the claim isn’t based in science and promotes dangerous medical misinformation. Current research shows that improved contraceptive use has helped reduce unintended pregnancies and decrease the rate of abortions.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Recent global warming is comparable with natural rates of climate change over the past 10,000 years.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Experts say the rate of warming is without comparison and is set to increase.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Sandy Hook Families Propose $85 Million Settlement to Alex Jonesby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 7:39 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/28/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Immigration officials reduce legal entries in Texas, Arizona to address illegal crossingsby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 5:16 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: America Out Loudby Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Fox News Reporter Criticized for Questioning Biden’s Age in Re-election Bidby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 9:22 pm
- International Accord on AI Safety: Guidelines for Secure and Responsible AI Developmentby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 5:16 pm
- HRW Suggests Misfired Rocket Caused Gaza Hospital Explosionby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 3:07 pm
- Elon Musk Discusses Starlink Use and Countering Hamas Propaganda During Israel Visitby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 11:48 am