The code of principles of the International Fact-Checking Network IFCN at Poynter is a series of commitments organizations abide by to promote excellence in fact-checking. The following fact checks come from IFCN fact-checkers. (D. Van Zandt)
|Claim by National Republican Senatorial Committee: Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper accepted donations from an oil and gas company and “let them get away” without fines or prosecution after a fatal home explosion in 2017.
FactCheck.org rating: Distorts the Facts
|Claim by Facebook users: Masks do nothing to prevent the spread of pathogens
Health Feedback rating: Incorrect
|Claim by Donald Trump: The Joe Biden-Bernie Sanders unity platform would offer “free federal housing for former inmates.”
PolitiFact rating: False
|Claim via Social Media: Former president Barack Obama signed a law that allows federal agents to “snatch protesters off the streets in Portland”.
Reuters Fact Check rating: False
|Claim by Conservative Hangout: Did the NFL agree to give $250 million to Black Lives Matter (BLM)
Lead Stories rating: False
|(International: Pakistan) Claim: Image shows Pakistani Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai with the son of Israel’s minister of defense
Check Your Fact rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by the IFCN. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am