John S. McCain, the proud naval aviator who climbed from depths of despair as a prisoner of war in Vietnam to pinnacles of power as a Republican congressman and senator from Arizona and a two-time contender for the presidency, died on Saturday at his home in Arizona. He was 81.
According to a statement from his office, Mr. McCain died at 4:28 p.m. He had suffered from a malignant brain tumor, called a glioblastoma, for which he had been treated periodically with radiation and chemotherapy since its discovery in 2017.
Full Story @ New York Times
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am