These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Update: This domain now leads to hillreporter.com.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
According to their about page “RedStateDisaster is an independently owned liberal-focused news publisher. Our mission is to deliver factually correct news stories that resonate with liberals. We scour the web to report on breaking political stories that speak to the current political climate in the United States.”
Before reviewing this site I was prejudiced by the name. I felt like a source named RedStateDisaster would more than likely be an extreme left questionable source. I was wrong.
In review, RedStateDisaster is a news and opinion website with a left bias in story selection and reporting. All stories tend to favor the left but for the most part use only minimal to moderate loaded words. A typical headline reads: “Trump Signs Special Tax Provision That Will Give Millionaires $17.4 Billion In 2018.” Some articles do not use hyperlinks for sourcing but rather quotes. In other articles, they source properly with hyperlinks to mostly mainstream credible sources such as the New York Times. A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate RedStateDisaster Left biased based on story selection that favors the left and High for factual reporting to use of credible sources and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 4/26/2018)
Last Updated on July 27, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am