A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate the Patriot Crier Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, the publication of fake news, and numerous failed fact checks.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks, Fake News
Founded in 2015, Patriot Crier is a conservative opinion blog. According to their about page “PatriotCrier.com is a website featuring opinion, political, and social commentary on the day’s news. PatriotCrier.com is not in the business of breaking news, rather we comment on news that other sources have broken and /or reported on first. PatriotCrier.com should not be considered an unbiased news source, rather we publish opinions and interpretations of the day’s news by Conservative and Libertarian bloggers. Again, PatriotCrier.com publishes commentary and opinion by conservatives and libertarians, not unbiased news reporting.”
Funded by / Ownership
According to their about page, they are owned by Power To The Publisher LLC, which is in turn owned and operated by Mark Sidney who also owns and operates the Facebook Pages “Donald Trump Is Our President” and “Hillary For Prison“. The website generates revenue through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, if you have made it this far you can see this is a strong right biased news and opinion source. Articles utilize moderately loaded language that favors the right, such as this: Barr Expands Probe of Obama-Era Wrongdoing: Collaborating With CIA Director Haspel and ODNI Coats. This article is sourced to Fox News. Some articles are not sourced at all. However, some articles are sourced to highly questionable sources such as this. In general, all stories favor the right and denigrate the left with the use of poor right-leaning sources that have failed fact checks.
A factual search reveals numerous failed fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers.
Overall, we rate the Patriot Crier Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, the publication of fake news, and numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 5/15/2019)
Last Updated on July 6, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am