These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Update: This source is no longer online.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
News Deeply is an online journalism and technology company, based in New York City, specializing in single-issue news websites. The company operates five other sites with similar single-issue formats: Malnutrition Deeply, Oceans Deeply, Refugees Deeply, Water Deeply, and Women’s Advancement Deeply.
News Deeply is a benefit corporation, although its reporters, editors, and other staff are located around the world. Its funding comes from multiple sources: grant funding from foundations, live event sales, content syndication, sponsorships like that of the World Policy Institute, and it has received $2.5 million in venture capital.
In review, News Deeply rarely uses loaded words in their headlines and articles. While they don’t usually use hyperlink sourcing they always quote appropriately to credible sources. Politically, News Deeply reports on issues that are supported by the political left. A factual search reveals they have never failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate News Deeply Left-Center biased based on political affiliation with causes of the left and High for factual reporting due to credible sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 5/26/2018)
Last Updated on January 28, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am