Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (R): “They seem to have forgotten about (President Joe BIden’s classified) documents entirely.”
PolitiFact rating: False (On Jan. 12, Garland announced the appointment of U.S. Attorney for Maryland Robert Hur as special counsel to investigate the Biden documents, including whether any person or entity violated the law. The investigation continues.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: The Pfizer COVID-19 bivalent vaccine causes strokes.
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (A safety signal provided by one particular pharmacosurveillance system isn’t sufficient to conclude that an actual risk exists. Monitoring systems are designed to be sensitive and this can lead to occasional false alarms. Further analysis and comparison with other systems are required.)
The Pfizer bivalent vaccines are very unlikely to increase the risk of ischemic stroke, contrary to claims on social media
|Claim via Social Media: Rep. Lauren Boebert said that “a mass shooting is a small price to pay to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.”
Snopes.com rating: False (She did not say that.)
Did Boebert Say Mass Shootings Are ‘Small Price To Pay’ for 2nd Amendment?
|FALSE||(International: Switzerland): Claim by Robert Malone: Switzerland banned Covid-19 vaccines.
AFP Fact Check rating: False (Dr. Malone is a frequent purveyor of disinformation, as is the case here where he misrepresents the guidance.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/08/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bioscience Resource Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson kicks off new show on Twitterby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- Secret Service agents have testified in Trump classified documents probeby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- U.S. Senate Leader Schedules Classified AI Briefingsby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:19 pm
- Conservatives block bills to protect gas stove amid feud over McCarthy debt dealby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:18 pm
- North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum launches long-shot 2024 GOP bidby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 10:16 am
- Media News: Chris Licht out at CNN after tumultuous run as CEOby Media Bias Fact Check on June 7, 2023 at 10:05 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 04/16/2023 (Weekend Edition)"