Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Dr. Perro and Joseph Mercola: clearly [COVID-19] vaccines are dangerous for kids”, they cause myocarditis; children are protected from COVID-19 by innate immunity which is bypassed by vaccination.
Health Feedback rating: Inaccurate (Clinical trials showed that COVID-19 vaccines don’t pose a danger to children. Initial clinical trials and subsequent monitoring of the vaccinated population show that COVID-19 is mostly associated with mild adverse events commonly seen after any vaccine. Vaccine-induced immune responses also involve the innate immune system, contrary to the claim made in the video.)
|Claim by Viral image: Former President Donald Trump issued a statement threatening to leak “interesting videos” of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
PolitiFact rating: False (This isn’t an authentic statement.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: U.S. House of Representatives Andy Ogles, whose district includes the Tennessee school where six people were fatally shot, took a Christmas photo of family posing with guns.
Snopes rating: True
|Claim via Social Media: Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg announced that his office “has decided to drop all charges against Donald Trump.”
Politifact rating: Pants on Fire (Deepfake Video – A grand jury is still considering whether to bring charges against former President Donald Trump in relation to a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels.)
|Claim by Viral Post: Grindr will be revealing Republican politicians who use the app.
Check Your Fact rating: False (The post originates as satire.)
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): Thousands of children have died from the Covid-19 vaccine.
Full Fact rating: False (Official data in the UK shows a small number of people have died as a result of Covid-19 vaccination, and that includes at least one person aged 18 or younger. There’s no evidence that thousands of children have died from the vaccine, even globally.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- House Expels Rep. George Santos Amid Controversyby newsfactsnetwork on December 1, 2023 at 11:25 am
- Top Russian court bans LGBTQ movement as ‘extremist’by newsfactsnetwork on December 1, 2023 at 10:16 am
- Human Cell-Based ‘Anthrobots’ Show Promise in Tissue Repairby newsfactsnetwork on December 1, 2023 at 10:06 am
- Japan Inaugurates World’s Largest Experimental Nuclear Fusion Reactorby newsfactsnetwork on December 1, 2023 at 9:22 am
- Israel Knew of Hamas’ Attack Plan a Year in Advanceby newsfactsnetwork on December 1, 2023 at 7:44 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: DailyHealthPostby Media Bias Fact Check on December 1, 2023 at 4:00 am
- House Passes Resolution to Block Iran’s Access to $6 Billion From Prisoner Swap by newsfactsnetwork on December 1, 2023 at 1:17 am