The Weekly Standard, conservative outlet that criticized Trump, to shut down

Share:

The Weekly Standard, an IFCN fact checker, is shutting down, owner Clarity Media Group announced Friday, ending one of the only conservative outlets that consistently stood in opposition to the style and politics of President Donald Trump.

“For more than twenty years The Weekly Standard has provided a valued and important perspective on political, literary and cultural issues of the day,” Clarity Media President and CEO Ryan McKibben said in the statement.

Amid rumors of its possible demise, Clarity said 10 days ago that it was “exploring a number of possibilities” for the conservative journal, but executives have remained silent since then, including Clarity owner Philip Anschutz, the billionaire conservative donor.

Rumors had been swirling about the Weekly Standard since Clarity announced that its sister publication, the Washington Examiner, would expand with a weekly conservative magazine with national distribution.

Full Story @ Politico

[wordads]

Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.