These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Anderson Independent Mail Least Biased based on a reasonably balanced editorial page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1899, the Anderson Independent Mail is the local newspaper for Anderson County in the state of South Carolina. The current editor is Stephen S. Mullins.
Funded by / Ownership
The Anderson Independent Mail is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Anderson Independent Mail covers news, sports, weather and crime through local reporters in and around the Anderson County area. Headlines and articles use minimal loaded emotional language such as this: Anderson County officials preparing to deal with coronavirus. National and international news is provided through other newspapers in the USA Today Network as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Anderson Independent Mail has a history of endorsing Democratic Presidential candidates. A review of their op-ed page demonstrates a diversity of opinions with only a very slight lean to the left such as this: Opinion: How bill to allow SC to dissolve school boards would ‘trample on’ voters’ rights. In general, news reporting is factual, with editorials that are reasonably balanced.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate the Anderson Independent Mail Least Biased based on a reasonably balanced editorial page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/16/2020)
Last Updated on March 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm